“365 days of cognitive health” CogniFit Gives 100 Free Training Programs for a Year in Its Charity Project
To mark CogniFit’s 20th anniversary and to benefit from the New Year’s resolutions, CogniFit has launched a program, “365 Days of Cognitive Health,” to raise awareness on the importance of cognitive stimulation.
- CogniFit offers a free assessment and a full year of cognitive training to the first 100 users who have been diagnosed with one of the following conditions: dyslexia, ADHD, dyscalculia, insomnia, depression, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s, or chemobrain.
People with cognitive disorders, in addition to the possible motor and emotional symptoms, also suffer marked cognitive alterations related to the pathology. CogniFit works with some of the most common cognitive impairments such as memory, attention, concentration, language problems, difficulties in adjusting to changes in their environment, inability to inhibit certain responses or behaviors, coordination as well as executive function problems.
Commitment to people with cognitive disorders
Currently, there are still many people who do not pay attention to these types of disorders. They don’t have the commitment or the habit of carrying out cognitive training at least 2-3 times a week, as is the case with physical training.
It is proven that carrying out cognitive training for at least 6 months, is beneficial to your mental health, either by minimizing the symptoms, in the case of having a diagnosed disorder or by acting as a prevention barrier to the impairment of our abilities.
Why is cognitive training important?
As we have already said, whether it is a degenerative disorder or a neurodevelopmental one, proper cognitive training can help reduce the extent of these disorders. Our brain behaves in a similar way to our muscles: the more we exercise or stimulate it, the stronger and more resistant it becomes.
CogniFit helps you to systematically activate cognitive processes that have been altered by any disorders. CogniFit training programs are a useful tool for activating and strengthening cognitive abilities. In addition, CogniFit offers a specific assessment for different cognitive disorders, which helps detect the user’s cognitive status in order to personalize the cognitive training as much as possible to the user’s needs.
The “365 days of cognitive health” plan aims to show how a training habit can have a positive impact on the cognitive skills of those affected. It also aims to raise awareness, both among users and families of people suffering from cognitive disorders, of the importance of carrying out a personalized program on a regular basis.
What requirements must be met in order to benefit from the “365 Days of Cognitive Health” Program?
To apply for the evaluation and the free year of cognitive training, you only need to meet the following requirements:
- Be clinically diagnosed with any of the following conditions: dyslexia, ADHD, dyscalculia, insomnia, depression, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s disease or chemobrain. To certify the diagnosis it will be necessary to upload an official and perfectly legible document to the CogniFit website that proves it.
- The document must visibly contain the following information:
- User full name
- Full name of the doctor who gives the diagnosis
- Diagnostic judgment (indicating that one of the pathologies listed above has indeed been detected.)
- Diagnosis Date.
- Have or create a free individual account at CogniFit or if you are a minor through the CogniFit Families account. The application must be made from the account of the person who has received the diagnosis.
If you meet these conditions and would like to apply for the evaluation and the free year of cognitive training offered by CogniFit, you can view the following information here:
- How to sign up for CogniFit.
- Once you have signed up inside the platform you will be able to upload your diagnosis. Press the send diagnosis on the banner un top.
- Tic to benefit from the free assessment and then upload your diagnosis to the platform.